Re: [RTTY] Help to set-up FT1000MP with G3LIV interface and SB1024

To: WA9ALS - John <ham_reflectors@wa9als.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help to set-up FT1000MP with G3LIV interface and SB1024
From: Paul Brice-Stevens <paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:11:59 +0000
Hi John...

As I am still very tip toeing around the edges of RTTY I am afraid I have no idea whether MMTTY is set up for AFSK or not?...I have now determined that my interface only supports AFSK and this appears to work with the Packet input on the 1000MP...Does anyone have any suggestions for either a cheap FSK commercial interface or a fairly simple homebrew one?

73 de Paul G0WAT

In message <001d01c3f3fe$dddf0850$a7814094@wa9als>, WA9ALS - John <ham_reflectors@wa9als.com> writes
Using WL with MTTY decoder
Through G3LIV Isoterm interface into the Packet port of FT1KMP
Receive and decode through Creative Labs SB1024 5.1 Digital

It appears to receive OK but when I kick it into transmit I just get a
long tone...no diddle as it were?...the radio puts out power (checked
into dummy load through PWR meter) however I do not appear to be getting
RTTY out of the other end as it were?

We need to know how you have MMTTY set. You're wired for AFSK RTTY - Is that how MMTTY's setup?