Re: [RTTY] need help interfacing TS850 to Hal DXP38

To: "David Ashworth" <fathom@Access4Less.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] need help interfacing TS850 to Hal DXP38
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:07:26 -0800
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 04:27:44 -0000, David Ashworth wrote:

>Hello, decided to go with a HAL.  Been looking over the manuals for each
>piece of equipment and not quite clear on the hookup.  This is what I have
>come up with: FSK jack on Hal to RTTY jack on TS850 with RCA plugs,  AF OUT
>jack on HAL to TS850 ACC2 pin 3 ,  AF IN jack on HAL to TS850 ACC2 pin 11.
>The Hal also has a PTT jack, would that go to pin 9 on ACC2?  Thanks in
>advance for your help, Dave, NC6P.

I know this doesn't answer you question directly, but you'd be better
off to ditch the HAL and download MMTTY.  I've compared the two side by
side using two computers with the same audio feed, and MMTTY beats the
HAL hands down for pulling the weak ones out.  My DXP-38 has been
gathering dust for several years now.  Anyone want it?  Make me an
offer; it'll go cheap.

And if you want the absolute best in RTTY decoding, purchase RiTTY by
K6STI.  It isn't cheap - $100 - but it beats everything else I've tried.
It requires specific soundcards and runs only under DOS (real DOS, not
the Windows emulation).   Personally, I wouldn't be without it.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW