RE: [RTTY] Spring Break RTTY Sprint

To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>,"'RTTY Contest'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Spring Break RTTY Sprint
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:26:14 -0400
Peter et al,
Keep the faith in the QSL "process".  It is alive and well.

I completed 5BWAS in January. All but one 80m KL7 QSO confirmation was RTTY. 40 states were 5 bands from the same station. KY was K4WW (thanks Shelby). An SASE with a personal note on the card probably helped and I got some really nice notes back from well wishers; young and old. Most contacts were in contests. Many were from RTTY stations who post here regularly.

And in spite of MA being pretty "available", I still receive a few QSL requests after every contest for one band or another. I always QSL all band / mode contacts in my log from a single request. Who knows when that station might want to chase more bands at a future date. This is the same for DX cards via the bureau. (I don't send any more band / mode cards to ON4UN as he has all of mine now... Hi Hi)

LoTW will get there eventually but the cards and personal notes are still my favorite. DK3VN, Waldemar, and I have exchanged cards (and observations). My "shoebox" of DL cards will eventually be sorted for some of the European and DARC awards outlined in K1BV's award book.

However, I am shocked to hear that you don't enter all contests to win. Steve, N1NB, noted to me that he was surprised to hear my BARTG Spring QSO with XV1X long after the contest started was my serial nr 001. I bet he thought I was DXing and not trying to win. Hmmm...
73, George .. W1ZT