Re: [RTTY] RE: odd signals + recordings

To: Phil Cooper <Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RE: odd signals + recordings
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:57:08 -0700
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:37:23 +0100, Phil Cooper wrote:

>The idea of a repository of RTTY signals under diverse conditions sounds
>great, and it would be fairly easy for each of us to do a short recording of
>such signals (presumably only AFTER we had worked what may be a bit of rare
>DX???) and then make them available for others.
>Trouble is, how would they get catalogued, and by whom? It would be all too
>easy to end up with hundreds of very similar signals.
>Having said that, it would be a very useful tool!

I don't think recordings of QSO's would be as useful as pre-agreed upon
text, mainly because during the deep fades and/or QRN and QRM you would
not know for sure what was actually sent, and therefore would not know
if it were decoded right.

I would be willing to catalog the recordings and post them on a web site
for all to download and use.

If anyone is interested in sending me some text, email me and we'll set
up some schedules.

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW