Re: [RTTY] Distortion = QSD

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Distortion = QSD
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:59:22 +0000
W0YR@aol.com wrote:

> When I do hear a distorted signal I include in their report a message on one
> of the macros: QSD QSD YOUR SIGNAL IS VERY DISTORTED QSD QSD

Mike, and others have a very positive attitude.

But, I would like to ask just what equipment is required to properly
send a "QSD"?

There are many factors other than the sound card and what you are
seeing on your computer screen.

I use FSK ( now that I've finally gotten that OMNI 6 under control ),
but from somewhere, I remember reading a message which said if your
ALC light is flashing, you're overdriving the rig.

Maybe one of our "gifted" techies could tell us.

73
Ed