Re: [RTTY] Distortion

To: "VE3XD" <ve3xd@rogers.com>,"RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Distortion
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:01:53 -0700
Don,

I agree that you shouldn't change it if you're happy.  The Plus is either CW
or FSK but not both.  The Pro does do both, and it does have RS-232 in and
out if the radio uses that for control, which I believe all do except for
Icom.

I can open up my Plus (not using it now) and check the shorting jumpers if
you'd like.

The Pro was attractive to me because it offered microphone audio to and from
the PC, which I originally assumed the Plus did, and it is switchable.
Ironically, I haven't used the audio capability yet for my intended purpose,
Writelog voice memories.  I have only tried PSK31 briefly, so I don't use it
for that either.  SO the reality is that my Plus is really all I need for
what I'm doing today.

I could probably check into the Plus box tonight.

Jim