Re: [RTTY] W6WRT experiences

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W6WRT experiences
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:56:54 -0400
"Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com> wrote: "For some reason I decided to
try a single band effort this year."

As did I, and because I like to sleep at night, along with other personal
situations, I also chose 20 meters. I like to think that propagation makes
the possibility of frequency "confrontations", rather than the specific
operators(s)? It also takes "two, or more" stations to create a frequency
confrontation, and I choose not to be one of them! I find it simply amazing,
that some of the ones that seem to have an answer for every "computer
related" question, posted to this, and other, reflectors, don't have a clue
as to the meaning of QRL! They seem to be able to configure buffers for
every possible situation, except to send QRL, before they transmit? Being
"computer literate" doesn't automatically make one an efficient, courteous
contester!
I found stations from 14.055-14.130, and was able to find a "relatively"
clear frequency, in that range.
On the "robot acceptance" situation, I don't understand the reasoning behind
the contest software authors creating "unacceptable" formats? Their Cabrillo
created files should "match exactly", the acceptable format required,
without manual editing? Maybe I'm just getting "grouchy", in my old(er) age,
but I no longer look forward to the contests, as I once did, simply because
of the "computer related" issues involved. The "pre/post" contest,
requirements are far more stressful, for me, than the contest! Even though I
was "sufficiently" proficient, using paper logs and dupe sheets, I have no
desire to return to them.
I have often stated "when it (contesting) ceases being fun, I'll go
fishing"! Based on the last 6 months experiences, I'll be doing a lot of
fishing, next year!
I would be remiss if I didn't say "thanks for all the contacts, and my
apologies to those that I couldn't print"!
C'Ya, Shelby

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:
   40:
   20:  550  1365      41      72    26
   15:
   10:
Total:  550  1365      41      72    26  Total Score = 189,735

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Any one else not work KY?