[RTTY] QSO B4

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] QSO B4
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:04:23 +0200
Hi,
Just in case, you missed it... I copied the following from Bob's post
(5B4AGN/P3F) on 3830...

QUOTE
My weekend irritant was those folks who say "Worked before".  It's time to
realise, with computer logging if a guy calls you it's usually because you're
not in his log!  So just shut up and work him!

Towards the end of the contest I had one fella say. "We've worked already.  How
many QSOs do you want?" I replied with, "You may think we've worked but you're
not in my log.  Now......Do you want a QSO or not?"  We then made a QSO.  If
this had happened earlier in the contest I wouldn't have wasted time on this
chump but it was late on and I wass scratching around for Qs anyway.
UNQUOTE

Fully agree with Bob: nothing more annoying and useless than "QSO B4" especialy
with Cabrillo logs...
If I am calling you again it is likely because I misscopied your call the first
time...or did not log you for some reason (i.e I did not copy the number - in
contests with S/N - or the state or whatever) or because I replied to somebody
else, and you "assumed" that it was for you... (quite common)

Anyway if I call you again it is because our logs do not match... and the first
QSO will not pass the UBN check...

So log again:
1) It is faster than trying to argue (generaly endless story to endup with a QSO
repeat anyway )
2) There is no penalty for duping (your claim score will still match the final
calculated score)
3) You (not me) will be penalised by a "N" if you have claimed a QSO with me,
which does not appear in my LOG...

So believe it or not but there is no better way than duping!

73's Patrick

My CQ/RJ comments are at
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2004-09/msg00791.html