[RTTY] WW RTTY Observation and question.

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WW RTTY Observation and question.
From: "roofus" <roofus@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:15:50 -0400
I ran across a few frequencies that had a steady carrier or DITTLE  running
on them and wonder if some may do this to hold a frequency during a potty
break or such?  It seemed pretty rude but can understand given the crowded
conditions on 40 and 80 meters.

Another comment about the WRKD B4 messages.  Other than these reflectors I
don't have a RTTY ELMER but did pick up very early that with the logging
programs of today this is more of a waist of time than it's worth.  I did
receive one such report and it was operator error on my part (one of many)
but near the end I was getting called by a few that were in my log.  Just
working and logging them sure seemed faster than arguing with them.

That new guy,
Dennis AB8NI