Re: [RTTY] 10 & 15 meter scatter paths

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 10 & 15 meter scatter paths
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:45:25 -0700
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:19:02 -0500, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

>I also wonder if others in Europe and the rest of the world experience these
>scatter paths.  It's interesting to me.

Scatter from the Pacific is often the only way I can work other
California stations on 20/15/10, since I am far from any major
population area.  I can tell the path is possible whenever I hear the
echo of my own signal upon returning to receive mode.  There is a
distinctive "tink" sound which says propagation is going to be good.

Often I will hear the echo late at night on 20 meters telling me the
band is wide open but everyone's asleep.  Such moments always fill me
with a feeling of awe.

--
Bill W6WRT