Re: [RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

To: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:37:21 +0000
At 22:50 10/18/04, Larry L Lindblom wrote:

...  And, yes we need to try and get young blood
into the hobby.

73 Larry, W0ETC

Sometimes we never know how sharing our hobby can affect someone later. About 8 years ago when one of my grandsons was about 14 I gave him a scanner for his birthday. I had forgotten about it until recently when he emailed me that he had passed his codeless tech exam and now has a license (and is studying the code now and planning for his extra). Only then did I discover how deeply the bug had bitten him by playing with that scanner.

Jerry W4UK