RE: [RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Re: Sad Comment on Operator Age
From: Sid Ashen-Brenner <sashen@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:19:53 -0500
Here in Salina, the local Radio club set up in one of the local area parks for the "Jamboree on the Air" for the Scouts, we had 8 to 10 club members show up (youngest 33) and a whopping total of 4 Scouts. The local area Boy Scout Council was totally un-interested in participating in the event. Two of the 4 Scouts were sons of one of the club members, a third was a down the block neighbor.
Talking to someone in Central America on SSB did not hold their interest, but the laptop set up to do PSK-31 and RTTY did. It would seem that the Digital modes may be one of our stronger drawing cards.

Sid N0OBM 599 56 56