Re: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue
From: John Cashen <vk4uc@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:57:05 +1000
Tony,

I use Win98SE and run RITTY 4.5 with no problems. The manual provided with RITTY spells out the set up using a Soundblaster sound board including the statement to put into Autoexec.bat. I don't think it is a driver issue. You must have a Soundblaster ISA board, RITTY won't work on a Soundblaster PCI board. Unless your computer has a motherboard with a legacy ISA slot you may never get RITTY to play again.

John VK4UC

On 20 Oct 2004 at 7:19, A. J. Cioffi wrote:

> Hi Fellas,
>

> I am trying to get RITTY 4.5 to operate again on a system where it once was.
> The OS (WIN98SE) has been reinstalled with all the appropriate drivers.  I
> ran RITTY but I get no sound from the sound card.  The sound card is working
> with other windows programs such as the standard sound bytes that come with
> the OS.  I checked all the settings in RITTY such as AFSK and the outbound
> levels.   Still no diddles.  I am not sure where to look at this point.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Tony - N2KI
t;
---