RE: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue

To: n2ki@amsat.org, "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:41:24 -0400
Tony,
I am running RITTY 4.55 with Win98se on an AMD 233 MHz computer. I run it stand alone and with WriteLog. It is running in a DOS window and not native DOS on this machine.

No entries in Autoexec.bat or config.sys files although they are present as empty files.

A Sound Blaster card (ISA) is installed in the slot and is driven by SB16.VXD and SB16SND.DRV in the C:\Windows\System directory.
I am set up to run on IRQ 5.

This is an "old" Creative Labs card which I scrounge from time to time from flea markets etc. I have run RITTY from DOS but you need the autoexec.bat file for that as others have noted. You also should have the memory management files called out in the Config.sys if you run from DOS.

But I am successfully running in the DOS Window using Brian's pif file and also hooked up with WriteLog. I can send you the PIF files etc and the WriteLog.ini file if that would help.
George .. W1ZT