RE: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue
From: "A.J. Cioffi" <registered@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:54:32 -0400
I took a look at my old 120mhz pentium1 to see what, if any, differences
there are between the drivers and soundcard setup and OS.

The SET BLASTER statement on the old machine is A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6.

The sound card setup is as follows.

IRQ 5, DMA 01, DMA 05, I/O 220-22F, I/O 330-331, I/O 388-38B

The driver date is 4/23/99 and the file version is 4.37.00.1998.

I took all of the sound card driver files (13) from the old system and
copied them to the new system thinking that it would update the driver.  It,
however, did not. Hence still no diddles.  I also tried to adjust the sound
card settings in the new system to be exactly the same as the old system.  I
can get everything the same except the second DMA variable.  It will only
allow me to go up to 3.  Not 5 like the old system.  I also tried all of the
manual configurations to see what, if any will make a difference.  Nothing
worked.  Well, I have had just about enough of this so it looks like I am
through unless someone comes through with a major break through.  I wish I
had more answers but it just isn't working.  Thanks for all the suggestions
and help files.  Boy, where's Brian when you need him.

Tony - N2KI
SYSOP - N2KI DX CLUSTER
dxc.n2ki.com:7300
RF Gateway 145.650