Re: [RTTY] afsk to fsk

To: "peter jackson" <peter.jackson17@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] afsk to fsk
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:29:01 +0000
Optos work. I have 3 in a homebrew copy of the usual circuit, one each for
independent PTT+FSK+CW. Used with a FT-1000D. Don't know about the 4N25,
though. I don't recall which ones I used. The 4N25 - 4N3x series seem to
differ in "sensitivity" - if your 4N25 doesn't work, try one of the other
ones. See if it works by monitoring how far it can pull down the FSK line.
Typically, this is a TTL keying level.

Jerry W4UK