Re: [RTTY] 6 meter RTTY?

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 6 meter RTTY?
From: "Mark, K5AM" <k5am@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:12:03 +0000
At 09:38 2005-03-10, you wrote:
>We use 50.260 as our calling frequency for PSK and RTTY
>communications.  The group seems to prefer PSK but I have heard some RTTY.

Ham tradition is for RTTY at 80 kHz above the
low end. This is not legal on 6M, so 50.180
seems reasonable. PSK operation near 50.260
is often low-power, with wide-bandwidth
reception of many low-power low-bandwidth
signals in a 3 kHz wide receiver - it is not
compatible with high-power narrow RTTY.
I would not want to interfere with these new
digital modes. Thus 50.180 is a good
place for plain RTTY, which uses a 170 Hz
shift and causes less band usage than 3000 Hz
wide SSB.

73,

Mark, K5AM
Homebrew station: