Re: [RTTY] 6 meter RTTY?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 6 meter RTTY?
From: "Doug Hall" <doug.hall@jps.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:52:44 -0500
The A503S does a good job. Like your tribander, my log periodic resonated on
6m as well, but the 3 el Cushcraft was a big improvement in performance - if
you're serious about getting on 6m you should get a decent antenna. Now my
Steppir does a pretty fair job on 6m so I took the A503S down.

The problem is more with 6 meters. Some call it the Magic Band and some call
it the Tragic Band. Seems like all the band openings happen when I'm at
work. In any case I have had a number of CW, SSB, and PSK qsos on 6m but
have yet to hear any RTTY activity. I think if I got really serious about 6m
I'd want a rig that I could dedicate to that band and leave it on all the
time monitoring 50.125 or 50.110. In any event, if you imagine that 6m is
open about 2% of the time and about 2% of the activity on a band is RTTY
then you start to get the picture. But hope springs eternal... Hope to see
you on 6m.
73,
Doug, K4DSP