Re: [RTTY] When did mechanical teleprinters become obsolete?

To: 'RTTY Reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] When did mechanical teleprinters become obsolete?
From: WI8W <wi8w@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 02:38:54 +0000
The last time I saw a mechanical teleprinter was when I dumped my old
Model 19 off the back of the trailer at the local metal scrap yard last
year.  I sure hated to see that old gal go.  It was simply in storage
too long (almost 25 years) and too rusty to restore. I guess for,  me
that is when they became obsolete. I did not go to Dayton this year but
I bet there was one or two out in the flea market.

73

Thom WI8W