Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:03:41 -0500
On 7/31/05, roofus <roofus@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Other than contests and DX I don't operate much RTTY (my spelling and typing
> sucks)

That's what macros are for!  As others have said, it's easier to work
them all on a few contest weekends (or one, if you have the station).

QSLing is definitely the hard part.  It's hit-or-miss.  Sometimes you
get your card back in a week or 2, sometimes never (that's with SASEs,
thanks, and in some cases email requests as well) - very rude.

The WAS certificate is marked Digital now, but at the bottom, it's
marked "RTTY #nnn", RTTY being the only digital sub-award that is
numbered.

If you ask me, and no one did, the ARRL could put a little more effort
into creation of the WAS award certificate.  It's bad enough they went
to a "portrait" format, but they could at least be consistent about
where the put numbers, endorsements, etc.  For the $10 it costs, you'd
think they could do a nicer job.

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
ARRL VE
WAC (phone) / WAS SSB: 51466 RTTY: 410 / WAS/90