Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:36:46 -0500
On 8/27/05, VE3FH [R] <ve3fh@rac.ca> wrote:
> Not anymore, we have a single piece of paper here since April 2000.
> 73,
> Julio VE3FH

Huh.  Well, I thought that was a more sensible way to go.  Seems to me
if there was a lifetime operator's permit it would save a lot of
hassle and retesting and then if you wanted to operate a station,
you'd just apply for a renewable station license (which most of us
would do, clearly).  That way, if you ever went inactive, your station
license would lapse, but not your permit and if you wanted to operate
again, you'd just re-apply for a station license.

Is it still easy to get multiple station licenses up there (for summer
cottage, etc)?

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

'They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin