[RTTY] How about this!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] How about this!
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:09:28 +0100
Fully agree Wolf,
But I am not sure in comes from Nick UT2UZ, excellent programmer, but also
contester... I would be surprised because Nick always send very short
exchanges.
I have used mixW in the past, and the macros were "normal"

Anyway it is really a bad idea, like repeating the serial in parenthesis, or
repeating the full exchange with calls and RST when you are expecting the NR
only- Or using fancy separators...etc...etc...
The list is long !

We have just to live with this. The newcomers will learn...
To see it positively, it is also the sign that the activity is in constant
progression, as shown on DJ3NG's site the nr of received by contest sponsors as
doubled between 2000 and 2004...

Think very few ham activities can show the same dynamism !!!
Patrick

PS: btw anybody knows where to find stats for CW and SSB contests - if they
exist...

Re: [RTTY] How about this!
from [Wolf (DL6JZ)] [Permanent Link][Original]