[RTTY] VK9CG on RTTY this week

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VK9CG on RTTY this week
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:17:23 -0600
Last night about 2330Z VK9CG showed up on 20 Meter RTTY.  Signal was pretty
good but then everyone told me to go LongPath, WOW longpath signal was up to
S-7 and copy was like a local.

The operator said that he was going to operate RTTY for the next few days to
take care of the demand.  I have been watching the spots for this station as it
is a new one on rtty for me, and last week he only operated CW/SSB.  Yes I did
work him and so did 10 of my DX Club members here in St. Louis.
Here is what the bulletin said:

VK9C, COCOS-KEELING ISLAND (Update)
Just a reminder and update that Charlie, W0YG, will be active from here between
November 8-21st as VK9CG. Reports indicate that Burt, W0MY, will be joining
Charlie on the island. Look for Charlie to be mostly on the lower bands, 160
and 80 meters, but he will also do some HF RTTY and CW. All QSLs go to W0YG.
Please, direct only.

For me, 30 years on RTTY and this is the first time I have heard/worked
Cocos-Keeling on RTTY.  So work him now!!

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.