[RTTY] operator error- pse help

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] operator error- pse help
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:03:47 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

  The RU was my first venture into RTTY and I had a blast. Now then, please
help this op overcome his errors. I have a Yaesu Mk-V and a Rigblaster Plus and
am running MMTTY. I have no problem using the stuff while operating the radio
in lsb but I would rather operate the rig in its rtty mode to take advantage of
all those extra filters I have. (The contest was difficult at best with an
operational passband of 1.8k in sideband mode.) The question is this, I (think)
I have done everything right but obviously not as I can't get the radio to work
in rtty mode. I have setup the software as sound + COM-TxD (FSK), made a cable
to go from the Rigblaster's key out to the radio's rtty din jack, tested the
cable by shorting it to confirm that when shorted and opened, the radio toggles
between mark and space tones. Now when I try to key the rig, it does so but
nothing is sent, only the higher of the two tones although the computer
indicates it is sending. Again, everything works fine in
 lsb mode
 but not rtty. Oh, the jumpers in the Rigblaster are set in default positions.
Any help would be most appreciated. Tnx, Jim W5QM