Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth proposal (dup)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth proposal (dup)
From: psussman@pactor.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:46:35 -0500
Thanks for the comments, Carter.

Hams being frugal is nothing new. The guys who invented PACTOR
were fugal hams, too. Their commerical stuff sells for a lot
more of those frugal dollars than their less expensive ham stuff.

Also, they came out with the IIe and the IIg, much lower priced
versions of the expensive multimodes II and IIpro. Yet, a monitor
only version would be significantly less. But, as was observed
with linked protocol (eg. even AMTOR) you must be in sync with
both stations to copy anything.

Thus, propagation would play more of an effect of whether you
could copy a digital conversation than hardware/software
combinations. Shades of one-way SSB propagation.

Phil Sussman
Clayton, Ohio