Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth proposal

To: "'Ed'" <k4sb@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth proposal
From: "Dave" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:09:23 -0500
There is a difference this time around: the internet. Debate over the pro's
and con's of the ARRL's proposal have raged far and wide across mailing
lists and reflectors, engaging ARRL and non-ARRL members alike. The internet
is being used to alert those who might have otherwise overlooked the
implications of the ARRL's proposal. And the FCC is making it easy for
American hams to file their comments -- by accepting them online. I expect
the FCC to receive vastly more comments than has previously been the case.

While I like the "allocation by bandwidth" aspect of the ARRL's proposal,
its removal of frequency constraints on semi-automatic operation will result
in significantly more QRM. I am using the internet to organize opposition to
this proposal, and urge those who agree to do likewise.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ