Re: [RTTY] [ARRL-LOTW] Now this is a tad funny about LoTW

To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [ARRL-LOTW] Now this is a tad funny about LoTW
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:00:48 -0500
On Jan 23, 2006, at 5:59 PM, FireBrick wrote:

> I realized during a conversation that although I had worked a few
> Division Directors, Vice
> Directors and ARRL staff, that I hadn't seen many LoTW qsls from
> these operators.
>
> Of the Four Vice Directors I've worked half have not submitted to LoTW
> Of the Three Directors I've worked. Only one matches a LoTW qsl.
> One Director is in my log many times as he's a frequent
> contester...but not a single LoTW qsl.
> Even W1AW, that is in my log quite a few times, (contests), only
> resulted in 1 LoTW qsl.

Similarly, you'd think that the IARU HQ stations would submit their
logs. I worked a bunch of them during the IARU contest this summer. I
think only one or two submitted logs to LoTW.

There were even guys from my own contest club who manned an HQ
station in Costa Rica, where I need confirmations. I worked them on
three bands. I contacted one guy, who told me to contact another
fellow who was handling the QSLs. His response? "Gee, we've never
done that before."

FY5KE just posted some needed logs this weekend. I think it's
catching on, but it sure is slow.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901