Re: [RTTY] CW interference!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CW interference!
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:11:13 -0600
Barry,

You're on the wrong reflector if you're looking for sympathy.  After all the
bellyaching by the CW ops following a RTTY contest and RTTY incursion into
"their" subbands, I agree with Phil's email.  I just didn't want to be the
first to say something.

I know you're a RTTY operator as well, and you should have been equally
offended by similar comments made following the past RTTY contests.  The
WARC bands were open during the rtty contests as well, but the CW operators
crying foul didn't pay heed to similar suggestions then either.  This
doesn't even take into count the legal standings that RTTY operators outside
of the US had on where they could or couldn't operate on 40M.

The CW operators who cried about it need to be very careful of what glass
houses they choose to throw rocks in.  Sub-band incursion is a fact of a
contest, and the ARRL has commented on this in their white paper.
Regardless, neither has the right to interfere with the stations currently
using the particular frequency at that time, RTTY, PSK, DX Beacons, or CW.

Charlie
KI5XP