Re: [RTTY] CW interference!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CW interference!
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:26:53 +0000

>>> <f6irf@free.fr> wrote on 21/02/2006 15:55:02:
>
> IMHO: Rather than a useless fighting against windmills, it is a good
> choice to work CW when everybody elses does, work RTTY when everybody

> else does
> and take a weekend off when everybody works SSB (ie do QSL's)...

LOL!

And the strange thing is, I'm beginning to agree with you...

> And if you really want to blame someone, you can start by me, as I
> stayed quite
> some time CQ'ing around 14085... (and you know what ? I don't even
feel
> guilty!)

Me too.  Even though I did have some guy haranguing me about being
there because I would cause QRM to 3Y0X should they come on rtty.
Goodness knows why - they weren't even on 20 at the time.  Now that
really is in the fighting against windmills category...

Slightly off topic for a rtty list,  but is anyone planning to take
part in the Russian PSK contest this weekend?  What's activity likely to
be like?  I've never tried PSK in a contest but I think N1MM will be OK
using the RUSSIANDX contest setting (Russians send Oblast we send
serials).

73
Andy
gm8oeg