Re: [RTTY] Station Upgrade

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Station Upgrade
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:36:33 -0600
You did not say what kind of antenna system you are running.  My 2-cent for
the best bang  for the buck would be

1. Antenna system
2. Amplifier.

I don't understand why anyone would run QRP.  For most RTTY QSOs barefoot 50
to 90 watts is fine but for contest where you need to be heard and not have
to repeat everything going from 50 to 300 watts makes a big difference.  I
can run the rig at 20 watts and it stays cool and the old AL80 one lunger
will run all day long.  My next amp with be quieter and have more power.

Ham happiness is antenna gain and power to do the job.

Dick AA5VU