[RTTY] Station upgrade

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Station upgrade
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:00 -0800
OK, here's the scoop.

I have about $1000 to spend on a new toy.  Right now I am running a
TS-450SAT as my main radio and a FT-840 as the 2nd radio--no amp in the
shack (sure miss it sometimes).

What would be the the best "bang for the buck"--upgrade to a better radio or
buy an amplifier?  I really like my '450 as I can run FSK and use the CW
filters with it.  The 840 is OK, but with AFSK there are no filters.  I use
an audio filter, which works-sort of, but sure miss the filters like in the
450.

There are times when I really miss my amp though.   73
Tom W7WHY