[RTTY] MicroHam USB II versus TS-940S/AT

To: "RTTY GROUP" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MicroHam USB II versus TS-940S/AT
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:37:05 -0700
Hi Guys and Gals,

I bought a MicroHam USB II interface that is supposedly custom built to
interface
with my TS-940, which I use in FSK when I participate in RTTY contests.

Bottom line... The CAT function doesn't work using USB II interface.  I have
set the
jumpers to IF232 per the included instructions

However, the USB Router, PTT, CW, sound card, and FSK functions all work
as asvertised with the my rig and the USB II interface.

The CAT function works perfectly via my "Old" Kenwood IF-232C interface to a
Serial port.  This is the way I am operating at present.

It is so dissapointing not to have ALL advertised functions working via USB
and have to continue to use a Com port for the CAT funcion.  I was hoping
for better results.
I wrote a couple of emails to MicroHam stating my problem. They responded
with a few
suggestions that did not work.  I have not heard from them since.  (I did
change my email address
from: w7ld@olyopen.com to: w7ld@theriver.com) in the mean time. I sent them
an address change.

Neither the red or green "Control" led's ever blink or light for the Cat
function on the USB II box. but
I do get the green, arrow, blinking as it is polled by the software in the
router display.

It acts to me like a wiring error in the custom interface cable supplied for
my TS-940???

Has anyone out there in RTTY land successfully interfaced CAT via MicroHam
USB II
to Kenwood TS-940S/AT????

Disappointed and I need help...
73