Re: [RTTY] MicroHam USB II versus TS-940S/AT

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MicroHam USB II versus TS-940S/AT
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:10:56 -0400
Jack,

Support for the microHAM products is available from
support@microham.com and via the user group at:

> On Monday 01 May 2006 23:37, Jack West wrote:
>
> Neither the red or green "Control" led's ever blink or
> light for the Cat function on the USB II box. but I do
> get the green, arrow, blinking as it is polled by the
> software in the router display.

If neither the red or green LED blink, is the Power LED
on?  The "radio side" of the interface requires power ...
with most radios it is via an aux 13.5 V output from the
radio.  With Kenwood, there are two leads on the cable
that should be connected to the station power supply or
another source of DC (anything from 9 to 16 volts works
just fine with the USB II).

> It acts to me like a wiring error in the custom interface
> cable supplied for my TS-940???

If you are seeing the green arrow but the green (right control)
LED is not flashing at the same time, it is entirely possible
that the USB port on your computer is not supplying USB power.
A healthy USB II which receives power from the USB port will
flash the green LED in time with the green arrow.  The red LED
(left control) will flash with the red arrow (when data is
received from the radio).

73,

   ... Joe Subich,  W4TV
       microHAM America