Re: [RTTY] Kenwood TL-922 amp on RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Kenwood TL-922 amp on RTTY
From: "Luciano Fusari" <luciano.fusari@alice.it>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:37:26 +0200
Hello Rick W1TY,

just used severall years ago TL922 on RTTY and surely is a good Amp.
I suggest you keep power out between 400-500 watts donot exceed this
level and use a supplementray fan to keep colder the unit.

Year ago exactly on March 1989 AG6K Richard L. Measures made
an updated version of an article that appeared in the March 1989 of
"Ham Radio Magazine" by tytle QSK for the TL-922 & SB220 with
circuit improvements for the TL-922.

QSK
HIGH-SPEED RELAYS
ELECTRONIC CATHODE_BIAS SWITCH (ECBS)
CIRCUIT IMPROVEMENTS
INRUSH-CURRENT
IMPROVING AMPLIFIER STABILITY
IMPROVED 160 METER BYPASSING
TO ALC, OR NOT TO ALC
IMPROVING INPUT SWR
RELAY MOUNTING AND WIRING
WIRING THE RELAYS
OPTIMIZING 10 METER BYPASS SWR
ODDS AND ENDS FOR THE TL922

in other words a really fantastic manual to obtain the best from this
Amplifier. Jus in case you cant find please give me your mail address that
can mail directly a copy with pleasure.

73's de Luciano I5FLN

Home e-mail
luciano.fusari@alice.it