[RTTY] Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:24:46 +0000
HEY, GUYS - BIG ANTENNAS ARE KILLING COMPETITION! Maybe I have a
chemical imbalance, but I am a bit miffed at the NAQP RTTY scores. I
looked at the 3830 posted scores that finished above mine in NAQP
RTTY and noticed the many entries FROM GUYS USING TOWERS AND BEAMS.

My score, if the stations USING TOWERS AND BEAMS are removed, jumps
UP. These stations may well have kicked my butt as BECAUSE OF THEIR
BETTER ANTENNAS, but I will never know for sure. That being said, I
do have respect for those that have the station and can effectively
handle an operation WITH THOSE BIG ANTENNAS.

I think that it is time for the contest sponsors to take a closer
look at STATIONS USING MULTI-KILOBUCK ANTENNAS as a separate entry
class.  Entry classifications are to level the field for scoring and
this is not working.

Jerry W4UK (with 30-50 ft high dipoles in pine trees)