Re: [RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:40:46 -0400
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
To: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Cc: <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:16 PM

> John Fleming wrote:

I think the main problem is that the discussion has been had sooo many times
over several years.  Nothing changes - The arguments are the same every
year.  There are probably some reflector trolls that are waiting to
introduce the once-popular chicken jokes on this reflector; or finding true
north; or owls on antennas etc.

Someone mentioned something like "how much "discussion" was there when
certain other categories came into play?"  Now I'm curious - Anyone remember
contesting before power classes?  Maybe the guys that made their own
home-brew amps weren't happy??  Anyone remember any discussion over new
classes in the past?

John, WA9ALS