[RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW
From: "Robert Montemerlo" <montemerlo@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:43:14 -0400
Hi Shelby and all,

God I don't believe that I am going to say this but here it goes....

As a newbie in RTTY Contesting I am a huge support of restricted classes:
Rookie, Wires, SO1R, Braindead, you name it.

But it just doesn't seem to matter in this contest at least to me.

NAQP is fun! We love doing it! We love doing it remotely if possible.

By definition a 12/10 hr NA contest is unfair based on the time zone you are
in and when it gets dark. Look at the scores. It is based on speed so whats
wrong with M2 or SO2R operation. Splitting scores by call zone is fine it
compares the competitors with similar propogation.

After that, well as far as I am concerned, if we divide those call zones
even further there will be fewer and fewer people in a class.

Shelby its your contest but some type of handicapping system for the teams
might make more sense than a separate SO1R class in that it could result in
some good team competition.

Just a thought

73 Bob KB1JZU