Re: [RTTY] Two sides

To: <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Two sides
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:20:56 -0400
W6WRT wrote:

> Don't forget singling out amplifier owners, hams with buddies to help
> them operate and hams with packet/telnet.
>
> Oops... too late. They are already singled out.
>
> The point is and will always be: When a type of operation gives a
> significant advantage over other types, it should have it's own class.
>
> SO2R is such an advantage, as very few will disagree. If it was not,
> why would anyone go to the trouble?

Bill,

If you are going to base everything on perceived advantage then you
must include categories for "towers taller than x feet,"  "antennas
with gain > 2.1 dBi,"  "antennas with gain > 6 dBd,"  etc.

I will continue to argue that gain antenna are an even more significant
advantage than SOmR.  If they weren't why would contesters not bypass
the big antennas and do SO2R?

If you want to separate significant advantages, do them all or do none.
Be consistent.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV