[RTTY] Interface Question

To: rtty@contesting.com, rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com,psk-tara@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RTTY] Interface Question
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:18:24 EST
Howdy:

I have a question for all of you here on the reflectors. I'm very  interested
in getting a new interface for my personal use. I have a Yaesu  FT-1000MP and
I like to be able to connect it up using FSK RTTY and AFSK for the  rest of
the digital modes. I've been looking at the "NEW" US Interface -  Navigator by
Rigexperts, USB DIGI KEYER by microHAM and the RigBlaster PRO by  West
Mountain for my purchase but I'm open for ALL suggestions. I'd appreciate  to
hear
what all of you recommend using. I know the "Navigator" isn't on the  market
until January 2007 but I've given the web address below and maybe  you folks
could get an idea from that.

1.) _http://www.rigexpert.com/RigExpert.html_
(http://www.rigexpert.com/RigExpert.html)
2.) _http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/dk.html_
(http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/dk.html)
3.) _http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGblaster.htm_
(http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGblaster.htm)

First, is it possible to have my Yaesu hooked up for both FSK  & AFSK at the
same time so I don't have to do any cable switching?

Second, what logging/contesting software would you suggest for a casual
contester/keyboarder.

Third, I have no filters installed in my radio yet, which filters would you
recommend.

Fourth, should I be looking to use USB Port connection or stay with  the
Serial Ports for now.

Thank You for listening to all of this and I look forward to hearing from
you soon.

73 de NY2U Bill Eddy