Re: [RTTY] North Dakota was missing in the ARRL RTTY Round Up

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] North Dakota was missing in the ARRL RTTY Round Up
From: Brian Spindor <ka7kuz.groups@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:16:41 -0800
I have to add my 2 cents worth here.  In my RTTY contesting experience I
worked North Dakota early on and as I recall it was a challenge but I
got it well before I got some other states.  The challenge for me had
been Delaware.  I did some research and found that there are less hams
living in Delaware than in North Dakota.  It was not clear to me why I
had North Dakota in the logbook and not Delaware until I found this
statistic.  After trying for about 3 years on a lark I got into the NA
RTTY QSO Partly contest late and while searching and pouncing I came
across someone sending DE DE....it took me a moment to realize what he
was sending.....damn I jumped on him fast.....he was even on LotW which
saved me a heap of time.

For what it's worth
Brian
KA7KUZ