Re: [RTTY] serial adapters

To: "Jim Hoge" <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] serial adapters
From: "Jay Kloss" <n4cbk.jay@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:35:34 -0600
Jim,

Order a PCI to Serial card from someplace like Newegg.com or
Tigerdirect.com. I got a single-port version for about 10 bucks and it
works great. Some of the other guys have mentioned that they get
excellent results with PCI-to-Serial cards with multiple ports on one
card.

Make sure you have an available PCI slot in the computer, though. (It
is likely you have at least one.)

There is already a thread on the reflector about this issue. Check the
archives for:  Secondary PCI-Serial Card Instead of USB

73 de Jay/N4CBK