Re: [RTTY] My gripe

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] My gripe
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:36:29 -0000
Hi all,

Well, my gripe are those stations who "spot" DX on their own frequency!
There were several stations doing this, and I feel it is much the same as
"self-spotting".
And there were quite a few stations spotting themselves as well!

Pondering the "Please spot me" request, I feel that it is NOT "in the
spirit", and should not be allowed at all.
However, what do you think a W1, or a G4, or a UA3 might gain by asking
this?
In reality, they won't gain very much, as their mult has probably been
worked more than once anyway.
It might be different if we were chasing W States, and a station may ask to
be spotted because he is in a rare State, say MT or ND.
For "rare" DX, asking to be spotted is probably a waste of time anyway, as
they will get spotted come what may.

My own personal feeling is that it breaks the rules, and obvious
"self-spotting" - of any of the forms - should be a cause for
disqualification.

At the end of the day, it is down to your own personal conscience.

73 all,

Phil GU0SUP