Re: [RTTY] My gripe

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] My gripe
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:08:54 -0500
This may be caused by the offenders using some ever popular software
incorrectly. N1MM Contest logger, which is free and becoming more and more
popular, especially for RTTY, has a "feature" called spot all s/p stations.
When invoked, this will spot all stations that one works as they tune up and
down the band. Now MM is some pretty powerful software (I've used it for a
few years now and really like it) and it has some special features built in
depending on whether one is running or S/P. Now, if one has the software set
wrong, or is not paying attention, it's possible ( not probable but
possible) to be running stations and the software to think you are in S/P.
If you have spot all s/p turned on, and you happen to be running, you will
spot all the dx on your frequency. Not sure how often it happens, but I can
sya it's possible because it happened to me when I first started using it.

73, Jamie WW3S