Re: [RTTY] RTTY is getting lower and lower in frequency on 20meters.

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY is getting lower and lower in frequency on 20meters.
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:29:59 -0000
Well shoot, I was hoping to get on Saturday afternoon and at least pass out
KW9N as a multi, but hopefully there was another KW9 on the bands. My
problem was when I went to transmit with WriteLog/MMTTY combo, I only had
one tone. Go to regular MMTTY and all is well. Reload the MMTTY engine a few
times. No change. Check all the settings in MMTTY and compare with what I
had in WriteLog/MMTTY engine. Made sure all the settings in the engine were
correct. Still one tone. Went out and watched tv with the xyl, came back in
around 2330 or so Saturday, downloaded a fresh version of WriteLog, and gee,
there's that second tone. Well lesson learned, but by that time I was so
ticked off at myself, I shut everything off and went back to watching tv. I
let my frustration with myself  keep me from getting on. Not exactly the
smartest thing I've ever done. I had made a couple of rtty qso's earlier in
the week with MMTTY, and I thought I was all set. Even had all my messages
setup in WriteLog. Lesson learned I guess. Sounds like I missed a great
contest, but glad to hear there was a lot of activity and a lot of new Rtty
stations on the air.

73, Mike K9MI