Re: [RTTY] extfsk & omni6

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] extfsk & omni6
From: "Bill Rogers W3UL" <W3UL@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:37:54 -0500
You didn't mention what software and/or hardware you are using.  Are you
able to read RTTY with your setup?
I use MMTTY software, a Rigblaster Pro, and an Omni VI+.

At first I was able to copy RTTY with no difficulty, but each time I
answered a CQ I was told I was "upside down".  The  Omni VI+ doesn't have a
way to change this.  The MMTTY software can change the inversion thing but
then it's "upside down" during receive!   I ended up building a simple one
transistor circuit to invert the FSK signal coming out of my Rigblaster and
things have been OK since then.  Let me know if you want to see the circuit.

73, Bill / W3UL