[RTTY] N8S RTTY

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] N8S RTTY
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:03:10 -0500
I see from the comments that N8S has been on RTTY more than I thought. Most
of you who are hearing and working them live on the USA coasts and not here
in the "Black Hole" of the USA. I have heard and worked them on 20 and 15
meters CW. I found them once on 20 meters RTTY but could not bust the pile
up. I heard them once on 17 meters CW with an RST of 529. I have never been
able to hear them in either CW or RTTY on 80, 40, 30, 17, 12, or 10 meters.
Even when it is posted, I have not had propagation. I guess I should hope
that they will spend more time on 15 and 20 meters RTTY as they are the only
bands I have a chance of working them. My antenna system consists of a 4
element YAGI at 55 feet, a ground mounted vertical and an 80 meter dipole
used for 12 and 17 meters. I do not have an amp in line so can only put out
100 watts. I worked them CW with 75 watts, so my beam is working ok. The CW
contacts are a new DXCC country for me. Working them RTTY would be icing on
the cake. I appreciate AA5AU's comments, but I have never been able to hear
them on RTTY on the bands he was telling me about.

Thanks for all the comments....  Dick   KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M