Re: [RTTY] W1GKK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W1GKK
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:00:58 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:55:14 -0700 (PDT), Jim Reisert AD1C
 <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>According to W1JR, he passed away several years ago.
>
>73 - Jim AD1C

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Thanks for the info, Jim. I only have a few hero/role models in ham
radio and he was one. Another was W1HDQ, VHF'er extraordinary. 'HDQ's
articles in QST back in the fifties inspired me greatly. He has been
an SK for some years now. He was among the first few to work all
states on six meters back in the old days when it was REALLY hard to
do. :-)

Nowdays with SSB, a plethora of rigs and amps, inexpensive antennas
and above all, spotting networks, six meter WAS isn't exactly easy,
but it's not in the same league as back then.

OF mode off.

Bill W6WRT