Re: [RTTY] every dxpedition

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] every dxpedition
From: "Fidel Leon" <ea3lf@ea3lf.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:38:35 +0200
-----Mensaje original-----

> when I "quickly" work HV or SV/A, having a serious (and
>undisciplinated!) EU wall...

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

This is my 50th year in ham radio and I still don't have SV/A.

Whine, whine!

:-)

Bill W6WRT

Well, at least you can hear a wall hi! I don't even have a chance to copy
them, except past week-end where 20 CW was open... Anyway, ham radio makes
me smarter: when a zoo is started, I switch off and read a good book hi! You
can call me a barrel fisher, but when a dXpedition spreads over 15 kHz, it's
time to help my wife with the homework! Actually, I am used to wait for
final dates, and that way came 3Y0X and A52A... let the big guns shout, and
be patient to collect what's left.

Anyway I miss when with a vertical I managed to work KH6 at 0000Z (0100
local time) on TEN meters, with 100W and the antenna giving 3:1 SWR... but
that was past sun cycle peak hi hi!

DX is! And although I have 275 worked and 252 confirmed (not counting some
"rara avis" only QSLing by LOTW), I can wait for the next one, as I am only
in my 9th ham radio year (no pun intended :-). Ah, the Pacific, remember the
Pacific!!!

Fidel ("yes, I was named after him!") - EA3LF
ea3lf@ea3lf.net