Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:40:39 -0400
Bill Turner wrote:

> And that's one reason 1x2 and 2x1 calls such as AD1C are so popular.
>
> I used to have W7TI but reluctantly gave it up when I moved to
> California and got tired of signing /6 in contests, and when my
> initials WRT became available. It was a REAL nuisance during
> Sweepstakes when I'd send ORANGE and they'd come back and QSL OREGON.
>
> I have often had second thoughts, but it's too late now. W7TI has been
> reassigned. :-(
>
> Bill W6WRT

I've lived in 3-land for 25 years and will not change my call, nor sign
portable, since I'm not portable.  My solution is to not operate
contests that erroneously presume that US call districts still exist.

Mario has been rubbing it in my face ever since I first stated this many
years ago.  Every time he calls me it's W2UP/3 de S56A. :)
Barry W2UP (not portable)