Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:48:33 -0500
I was also copying last night when N8S lectured several stations and... as
painful as it was watching him slowly type out his "Black List" message to the
offender... I applauded his strategy.

Sure, a macro could be setup for the occasional need to control the
uncontrollable. But I think the way it played out last night was very
effective. Obviously many of us saw first hand the N8S operator(s) are not
going to let the over zealous ruin it for all the others. I have listened to
several lectures on SSB as well.

I have not participated in a DXpedition, so I'm not certain how much QRM abuse
I could tolerate. At home I have the option to push back from the radio and go
watch TV. I know some DX abruptly go QRT when things get out of hand too. I
don't think that is a viable strategy on Swains Island.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 11